WatchOS 2 a separate platform for Apple Watch
As Apple did with iPhone, didn’t use a separate name for the platform Apple Watch at the announcement, but it announced in its second version. WatchOS 2 is a separate operating system of Apple smartwatch. Some of the new features include:
• New dials with the ability to use a picture or timelaps
• Developers can create their own extensions (Complications) for the main interface, and use the Digital Crown in various ways in applications
• While charging Apple Watch turns into alarm with a horizontal interface that does not dazzle at night
• Siri can now display screens glance
• HomeKit integration. Ability to control appliances and other devices enabled by the watch HomeKit
• Access to the microphone of the watch
• FaceTime Audio
• Protect your watch with Activation Lock.
• Last but not least Apple Watch can now operate their own, fully native applications without requiring to be connected to iPhone.