Apple recommends that you wash your Apple Watch
Although Apple Watch is not waterproof and official documentation from the company does not recommend swimming, bathing and prolonged immersion of the device, the best way to clean the digital crown is just washing with water. The rotating button on the smart watch is the main way to navigate, and its frequent use will likely lead to heavy pollution, which could impede the smooth rotation and pressing. The newly released documentation for Apple Watch states follows cleaner digital crown:
• Unplug your Apple Watch and remove it from the charger.
• If you have a leather strap, remove it from your Apple Watch.
• Hold the digital crown under a gentle stream of clean hot tap water for 10 to 15 seconds. Soap and other cleaners should not be used.
• Turn and press the digital crown continuously until the water goes into the gap between the button and the housing.
• Dry your Apple Watch with a soft cloth, not putting moss.
According to Apple’s instructions and display the rest of the body of the watch should be cleaned with a damp soft cloth, soap, detergent and cans of compressed air should be avoided.