15 interesting things that Johnny Ive told to The New Yorker
Apple is not the companies, which often welcome reporters, let alone to allow them to take detailed interviews by staff of the top positions. But last year by the US magazine The New Yorker had the opportunity to talk to the chief designer of Apple and Johnny Ive magazine recently published a long and detailed material about him.
Below you can read a sample of the 15 most interesting things Ive, told The New Yorker:
1. In his office Ive has a poster that ends with the phrase “I think of all the f*** opportunities” and a poster of swimsuit from (the world-famous graffiti artist from Bristol), which depicts the Queen of England, but with the face of chimpanzee.
2. Ive helped the American writer and director JJ Abrams to create the design of the new lightsaber for the saga “Star Wars.”
3. Ive is very keen on cars, but there are complaints to most brands.
This should fuel the rumors about Apple creating a car, but there is still no official confirmation. Ive actually quite disappointed with what is currently on the road. He even said that he hates models of Toyota.
4. Ive owns Aston Martin DB4, but now more preferred its Bentley Mulsanne because of traditions in design, which has the brand.
5. Ive not like the biography of Steve Jobs written by Walter Isaacson.
He says he has seen only parts of the biography, but it was enough to not approve it based on inaccuracies. “My attitude can not be lower,” he says.
6. Ive (seemingly) not thrilled with bulging camera of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
He told The New Yorker, it was “a really pragmatic optimization”. He continued: “And, yes …”
7. Apple is considering making more iPhone 4.
Maybe Apple waited too long before placing smartphones with larger screens, but as Ive company had considered much earlier move. His design studio has designed a larger smartphone based on the iPhone 4, but the results were “cumbersome” and “unsatisfactory”.
8. Ive its not interested in Google Glass (nor Tim Cook).
According to him, it makes more sense in smart watches than in smart glasses.
9. Ive its not a fan of Moto Maker.
According to him, this is a design abdication.
10. According Ive Tim Cook does not like the hardware design of the Beats.
“Cook likes to talk about Beats Music and its playlists, but do not often talk about Beats headphones.”
11. Ive said Apple Watch still needs to develop.
Apple obviously its far from extending the battery life of his smart watch, so Ive thinks he needs more work on it.
12. When placed on the market, Apple Watch ultimately can come with a choice of more materials.
Some models of Apple Watch may come with suede cloth.
13. Apple Watch will always be rectangular.
According Ive no sense of circular screen in smart watches account what they are intended. “This is because a huge part of the functions are lists,” he says. “It makes no sense the presence of a circular screen.”
14. Apple Watch will lead to a redesign of the stores of Apple.
Angela Arendts that is senior vice president of retail sales of Apple and former CEO of Burberry, is working on a redesign of Apple stores for the launch of the smart watch in April. It is not clear how much will change, but the company apparently considered it necessary.
15. Apple Watch is a product mostly of Johnny Ive.
He persuaded the management of Apple in terms of the project and officially started working on it in the autumn of 2011http://szlifestyle.com/sz/2015/02/18/15-interesting-things-that-johnny-ive-told-to-the-new-yorker/https://i0.wp.com/szlifestyle.com/sz/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/sz_jony-ive.jpg?fit=640%2C439https://i0.wp.com/szlifestyle.com/sz/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/sz_jony-ive.jpg?resize=150%2C150TECH NEWSAppleApple is not the companies, which often welcome reporters, let alone to allow them to take detailed interviews by staff of the top positions. But last year by the US magazine The New Yorker had the opportunity to talk to the chief designer of Apple and Johnny Ive magazine...Nicolas T.Nicolas T.firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorNicolas T. is a writer/editor of szlifestyle.szlifestyle.com Tech News, Life Style, Reviews, Videos!